Friday, August 22, 2008

Listy McListerson

1. I have three children. I can't even tell you how many times I've held my baby for some nurse to poke with a needle. Today, when the otherwise very sweet nurse stabbed my fifteen-month-old's chubby, dimpled thigh two times, I wanted scream velociraptor-style and then rip her head off. SHE MADE MY BABY CRY. Apparently it never gets easier.

2. While Boobers completely recovered and is just fine now, I still used him as an excuse to get out of something I didn't want to go to tonight. If you're going to feed, clothe, and rip people's heads off for your kids, the least they can do is give you an out for something once in a while.

3. I officially start school on Monday. I'm taking seven credit hours. I already know that I'll have to do a research paper for the English class I'm taking. I'm already overwhelmed and nervous that this will cut into my blogging time. Fucking higher education.

4. Oh, and school? I don't have books yet because I'm taking online classes and the damn online classes don't show up online until the very first day of school. Look, I like procrastination as much as the next gal, but not when I've invested several thousands of dollars on something. Speaking of, WHERE IS MY STUDENT LOAN?

5. This post right here makes my 94th post. That's only six away from 100! (I did the math for those who have trouble with it, like, uh, me.) I'm thinking I'm going to have a little contest to celebrate and to make all you lurkers delurk. So keep an eye out for it, and prepare to be dazzled by fabulous prizes! (Okay, a prize, and it probably won't be SUPER fabulous. But still.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're gonna let a little ol' degree cut into your blogging time?? ;)

Pppfftt...I'll call in sick to work if I'm in the middle of a post!

Anonymous said...

Nerves are always part of a new thing. You'll do great and have time to update.

Unknown said...

wow congratulations! a few posts away from your 100th post... will keep counting w/ u! looking forward to post my 100th too.

Amanda said...

Good for you, every once in a while you gotta wriggle out of stuff. Period.

Unknown said...

Funny and the contest sounds like it will be fun. Congrats on the 100th post!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com