Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Top secret blog and oh yeah, the husband's a butthead

So I think this blogging thing is going okay. I mean, I'm having fun most of the time. It's gotten tedious once or twice, where I've sat down at the computer, completely overwhelmed with OMG! WTF do I write about?! I think I even have a regular reader or two (hi you guys!). The husband also reads daily and LOVES pointing out spelling or grammar errors. Helpful, that guy.

But he's it as far as friends and family goes. I haven't told anyone about this blog. And from reading others' blogs, that seems a common theme. I don't know why I don't want to tell them. I don't really write anything bad about anyone (save for that co-worker or two, but even that hasn't been awful). The thought just squicks me out a little. I guess eventually I'll spill it, but I'm not quite ready to just yet. There will be a time when it's right, and I'll want to, I'm sure. Or not. And they can just stumble upon it themselves. Whatever.

The husband is fully aware that I don't want to share this little blog yet. We've talked about it. But since he's 32 going on, I don't know, TWELVE, he likes to drop little references to past posts around my parents. The best one? We were hanging out at with my mom the other day while Big D and Smella shared a package of fruit snacks. My mom pointed out how they do loooove some fruit snacks. The husband agreed, saying, "Yeah, it's like kid crack, huh? Ice cream is my crack."

YEAH, I CAUGHT THAT, THE HUSBAND.

It didn't even register on my mom's radar. I refused to make eye-contact with the husband, so I'm not even sure if the jerkface was smirking or not.

All I know is that I know a whole lot about the husband. Like, those kinds of secrets only whispered to each other in the dark while lying in bed together. And we're going next month to Arkansas to visit his parents. I'd hate to have some non-sequitur tidbits slip out of my mouth around his mama. I mean I'd really, really hate for that to happen.

3 comments:

Hugo the Chinchilla said...

Right there with you! I have very few friends and family members who know about my blog (most of them found out from my husband!!) When I first started he was on every day - tell me when I worded something wrong, or if I was being too negative etc...think it was easier for him to do that then start his own blog!

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

When I think about family members reading my blog, I start self-censoring and I don't want to do that.

I don't want this blog to turn into an issue in my family, but on the other hand, I know I'm not interesting if I'm always worried about what Great Uncle Sedrick would think of what I wrote. Its a hard line to walk. But some of the greats have found a way to do it (Erma Bombeck, Dooce). I'm just not there yet.

cube said...

I can relate. I prefer blogging in anonymity because I don't want to self-censor either, especially about politics.

My husband thinks I should tell everyone and he has dropped giant hints to family members about it. He means well.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com