Monday, June 29, 2009

A word of warning

Do not walk up to people and say, "Smile, sweetheart!"


1. I am not your sweetheart.

2. I do not WANT to smile, asshole. For a plethora of reasons. Mostly because I'm at work, but there are plenty of others you aren't privy to. Suffice it to say, I'm not always extremely happy. Glasses are half-full and chipper people who think otherwise annoy me. I will be cordial, even pleasant, with you, but forgive me if I don't have a shit-eating grin on my face.

3. You are so getting decaf.

5 comments:

Keely said...

I fucking hated that as a server. Anybody who said that to me pretty much guaranteed I wouldn't be smiling at them for the duration of their visit.

Also, there was a much higher likelihood I would get one of the kitchen guys to spit in their meal.

jen @ negative lane said...

Amen to that, sister.

Jenni said...

ditto that.

The Redhead Riter said...

Hmmm...I'm one of those positive people you hate. Life is too short to be filled with so much negativity. Sorry you are unhappy.

blogsall said...

cool. love this post.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com